Established Maryland Truck Accident Lawyers Protect the Rights of Accident Victims
Responsive personal injury representation for residents statewide
Being injured in a truck accident can take a severe physical, financial and emotional toll. At the Law Offices of Robert M. Stahl, LLC, our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to protecting the rights of truck accident victims throughout the state of Maryland. We draw upon more than 25 years of combined legal experience in holding negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for the injuries that these accidents cause. With offices in Lutherville-Timonium, Parkville, Bel Air, Westminster, Essex and Columbia, we are here to advocate strongly for our clients and work tirelessly on their behalf for the damages they deserve.
Legal advocates skillfully determine the cause of your accident
Maryland has a strict contributory negligence law that does not allow accident victims to recover for an accident if they were even one percent at fault for the accident. But federal regulations govern the operation of commercial vehicles, so any violations of these rules work in your favor in a claim. We work to prove the accident was completely the driver’s or truck company’s fault by establishing evidence of violations such as:
- Driver fatigue — Commercial truckers often drive many miles between stops, leading to them getting tired on the road and causing an accident, but they must obey limits on the hours they can drive without taking breaks. We will investigate to see whether the truck driver was fatigued and that fatigue led to your accident.
- DUI/DWI — Because of the massive size and strength of commercial trucks, truck drivers with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.04 percent or higher in Maryland are considered impaired. If the driver who crashed into you was drunk, he or she can be held liable for your injuries.
- Unlicensed or untrained drivers — State and federal regulations require trucking companies to ensure that their drivers are properly licensed and trained. We will work to hold unlicensed or poorly trained drivers accountable.
- Speeding — Because trucking companies are paid by the load, they may press truckers to make their destination on time by speeding. We will hold truckers accountable when their speeding led to your crash.
- Overloaded trucks — If a truck is not properly loaded, its cargo can fall out or the uneven weight can cause the truck to tip over. We can assess whether load regulations were violated.
Truck accident cases are often complex, demanding an experienced attorney who is not afraid to hold more than one party liable for the harm you’ve suffered. Our personal injury lawyers combine skill, tenacity and experience to provide clients with the aggressive legal representation they need.
Experienced truck accident lawyers assist with all aspects of your claim
You can concentrate on your recovery while we capably handle all aspects of your claim, including:
- Handling communications with the insurance company — We will handle all communication with insurers on your behalf.
- Assessing your damages — We will submit a demand package to the insurance company that lists the full extent of your damages.
- Keeping you informed — We will keep you up to date throughout your claim so you always know where your case stands.
- Negotiating your claim — We are able to negotiate from a position of strength because insurers know we won’t hesitate to take them to court if their offer is less than you deserve.
- Filing a lawsuit in a timely manner — In Maryland, you have three years from the date of the accident or your loved one’s death to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. We will begin working on your behalf as soon as you contact us, so your ability to sue isn’t compromised.
Under Maryland law, accident victims can pursue compensation for the full extent of damages that they have suffered, including for property damage, medical expenses, lost income, lost earning capacity and pain and suffering. You can trust us to press for compensation that fully addresses the harm you’ve suffered.
Contact a knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorney for a free initial consultation
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for the damages that you have suffered in a truck crash. At the Law Offices of Robert M. Stahl, LLC, we represent clients throughout the state of Maryland who were injured in truck accidents or who tragically lost loved ones in truck accidents. Please call 800-731-7573 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at one of our offices, in Lutherville-Timonium, Parkville, Bel Air, Westminster, Essex or Columbia.